“If you don't know the trees you may be lost in the forest, but if you don't know the stories you may be lost in life.” - Siberian Elder
Pam Blamey is offering an interactive Professional Development experience, which explores the uses of storytelling and fairy tales, particularly in psychotherapy and counselling.
Research has shown that metaphor deeply affects the way our brains work, increasing learning and problem solving capacities. Fairy tales, being full of metaphor, strengthen these neurological pathways in adults as well as children.
Participants can expect to gain:
- An understanding of fairy tales and therapeutic stories
- An understanding of how stories can be used in psychotherapy and counselling
- An understanding of why and how they are useful
- An enjoyable experience of exploring a fairy tale using expressive arts
- Resources for further investigation
Pam’s PD Seminars can run for 2-3 hours.
Fee Structure: $150 per hour plus travel costs.